Top 12 reasons why I love my Pre-Loved range!
The Top 12 reasons I love my Pre-Loved range are:
1. My customers love it! Shoes that have been sitting at the back of their wardrobe have the chance of a happy new life with someone else and that makes them (and the new owner) very happy.
2. The environment loves it. 22 billion shoes end up in landfill every year around the world. That blows my mind.
3. I love it. Yep, it's a lot of work to process all the new arrivals and get them onto my POS and website and manage the admin, BUT it's so rewarding to see these shoes go to happy homes.
4. It offers customers on a tight budget an alternative source of well-priced shoes.
5. Some of the range is from The Shoe Garden, therefore if you missed out on a style the first time, there's a chance it might re-appear!
6. Some styles are not from me and it's so interesting to see these, too, and be introduced to new brands and styles.
7. Having three payment options for customers offers something for everyone: they can take a portion of the sale price, a credit or donate their share to Microloan Foundation, Australia.
8. Speaking of MLFA, three charities have a chance to be assisted by my new range ... I donate a small portion myself from every pair to MLFA, plus the customer may choose to donate part or all of their share.
9. Glam shoes that don't sell can be donated to Formally Ever After, who support thousands of high school students find outfits for school formals.
10. Work shoes and others styles too can be donated to Suited to Success Ltd, who help those looking for work with new wardrobes and career advice.
11. If you don't have a long foot, it may be hard to fathom the excitement of buying a pair of shoes for $20 or $30! It's an amazing feeling!
12. And I think this is the future of retail ... a mix of new and pre-loved sold side-by-side.
Basically, it's just the right thing to do.